About our Teak Wood Products and Warranty
Bare Decor sources its teak and teak products from Indonesia. We work with the local government to make sure all our wood comes from sustainable and legal sources. All teak plantations are meticulously managed and only a certain number of predetermined trees can be felled per year. Each tree is responsibly harvested and is replaced with a new one that is planted on that plantation.The best teak furniture is made from mature trees and it can take around 80 years before a teak tree is harvested. Teak products also have a much longer useful life compared to other types of wood making it truly the best choice for consumers.
Teak wood is one of the best woods to use for outdoor projects due to its natural oils and rubber content within the wood. That is why we use it for our teak tile, mats, and other indoor/outdoor items. The oils in teak wood act as a waterproof barrier of the wood that protects it from dry rot which is one of the largest problems in other wood products.
Teak weathers into a nice silvery gray tone. This gray color is the natural hue of teak after weeks in the elements and is by no means a defect. The golden color of teak can be revitalized by cleaning it and putting a fresh coat of teak oil on top. However, if that golden color is the desired effect, the only way to make it last is to seal it with a polyurethane coat of teak sealant.
Our one year limited warranty covers the product against manufacturing defects.
What is covered by the limited warranty
The floor tile is made of 3 parts: teak wood, plastic backing, and the screws. If you received the tile with broken wooden slats or broken plastic backing, or loose screws please let us know within 30 days of receiving the tile and we will replace those slats.
If there is a manufacturing defect in the assembly of the tile or any teak mat, please let us know and we will replace it. If there are missing slats, please send us a picture and we will send you a replacement.
Furniture and Accessories:
If there are any manufacturing defects in the assembly of the product, let us know and we will replace it or send you the part that you would need. If The product comes damaged due to transportation, please let us know right away so we can file a claim with FedEx/UPS and replace it for you. If something breaks within a year due to manufacturing, please send us pictures of the defect and we will provide necessary parts to fix or replace the item.
What is NOT covered by the limited warranty
- Teak and other natural woods are unique as no tree is the same. Color variations in the wood are natural and are not covered by the warranty.
- Teak weathers into a gray color after a few weeks of outdoor use, this is completely natural and is not a warranty issue. Please see above on how to bring back its luster.
- Items that are used and have normal wear and tear that is not caused by a manufacturing defect are not covered by the warranty.
- Items that were customized per request of the customer are not refundable and are not covered under manufacturer warranty.
- Items that were altered by the customer are not refundable and are not covered by the warranty
- Items that are misused or used for purposes other than intended by the manufacturer are not covered by the warranty
Any questions regarding warranty or if you need to file a warranty claim please contact Bare Decor. Include your order number with date of purchase and pictures to support your claim.